Monday, June 2, 2008

Colours of Cities

The title of this blog came to my mind when I visited Bangalore last week....still cant manage to remember the spelling and pronunciation of its new name of the city . The city is amazingly green (it rains very often) and it aint humid and the weather is cool and pleasant. I absolutely loved the trees and the weather part of it but when it came to the structures placed on the road... I wouldnt exactly give it a thumbs up. Lets admit it, Bangaloreans love the colour green and not the nice shades of green... all the wrong ones... some of the houses horrendously painted with the shades of green ( was wondering... are the most unpopular shades of green are sent to this city and sold dirt cheap... anyone to back me up?) There is also yellow, purple amongst the popular ones... but green rules... aaaha may be they dont want the trees to merge in with their house so a different green... now i got it...So its Bangalore the "green" city.
Lets move on to Mumbai... I would give it a colour grey... that is what you see from the aircraft... since we dont have much greens or many vibrant colors... just glass buildings and the dirty nullas... it has to be grey... the smoke is grey too! Smoke from chimneys/vehicles/smokers... we have lots of each of them... I feel bad for my dear city... (grey is not my fav colour)
Then we have Delhi... I would like to call it the white city... White represents clean, pure, fresh,etc Delhi is reallly clean with the majestic parliament and other such buildings which are lined with white cars with laal batti... they have the maximum "white collared people" (though the clean pure adjectives wouldnt particularly suit them)
There are more cities too... like Calcutta, Chennai which I would have liked to add to this list but I havent visited them yet so cant tell...
Mind you these views are just based on what is seen to a naked eye... the colour of the spirit of the people living in each of the cities would vary BIG time (Mumbai would be most colourful... no prize for guessing why)

No comments: