Monday, April 14, 2008

My Family rocks!




Had this feeling yesterday.... this overwhelming feeling of how great my family is...

We had this festival of Ramnavmi yesterday which celebrates the birth of Lord Ram. We all cousins started the decoration from Saturday evening... right from what looks good to which flower goes where and in what direction... then we continued it with dinner and the usual gup shup @ night and a little beutification process ( face packs) even my jiju and brother joined in...

The next day was packed with action... with relatives and friends pouring in and kids running around... cricket on tv (!!!) and the puja ofcourse... then the aarti followed... and then the yummmm lunch... I had to serve two pangats (batches) before sitting down for it... but it was all worth it... d food was blissful... Next started the hunt for a place to sleep... since the house is always overcrowded... u just have to seize the opportunity of any comfortable nook and corner... Evenings are again busy with more friends and relatives visiting and a singing session of my sister which can calm down any ones nerves... and the place was full of kids crying, laughing, playing... too many emotions all bundled up... To top it all there were amazing snacks doing rounds...
In the end, while leaving, I felt real sad... sad cause the day ended... sad cause I had to leave all these wonderful people and get back to the grind... and sad that it might just be my last year as a singleton with them at this occassion... all good things do come to an end...
But theres always a repetition and a new beginning somewhere... All in all a gr8 day with my gr8 family!!

No comments: